some random things i've been noticing, enjoying and learning:
- this conversation with sam winston on design matters all about a couple of my favourite things, words and typography. when i was little i thought i was going to be a sign writer. maybe i still will be one day. for now, it's something i appreciate. along with film title sequences.
- voorjaarsvakantie - an amazing staycation with no plans, playing loads of board games, dinners with friends, baking bread, lots of rain, and slow mornings.
- seeing my osteopath is like a therapy session. my natural posture is with my chin jutting forward, always looking ahead. working on breathing low in my belly helps me reconnect to now.
- #ayearofslow still feels indulgent. but to take care of others, i need to connect with myself
- reframing negative unconscious thoughts - via elisha goldstein - applies byron katie's 4 questions and when we see what it feels like not to have that thought, there is often a feeling of lightness and space.
- i'm thinking a lot about frequency and getting into alignment during my day. rather than pushing through, taking the time to put myself in an aligned energetic space. and feeling more ease in work and play. (via jess lively)
- i also like the idea that we don't need others to fill our cup, looking for approval from others in our work, relationships, or in our appearance. rather we are all full cups as we are. when we feel full, we can truly reflect the light of others. when i practice this, my heart sometimes feels so warm that my body seems to raise its temperature a couple of degrees. (via jess lively)
- listening to the art of mindful living by thich nhat hahn - i love his idea that we are all flowers and adds a lot to the image of the lotus pose in yoga. "breathe in, i see myself as a flower; breathe out, i am fresh."
namaste, simone x